EPCs for residential (domestic) property

Residential EPC Scotland

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is required when marketing residential, domestic, property to let or for sale.

A landlord is legally required to make a copy of the EPC for the building available free of charge to a prospective tenant at the time of marketing.

Selling Residential Property

When selling mainstream residential property in Scotland, a Home Report now requires to be provided. An EPC forms part of the Home Report and is provided by the Chartered Surveyor. There are some instances where an EPC requires to be provided to prospective buyers when a Home Report does not. Click here for further information.

The Home Report consists of three documents: a Single Survey, an Energy Report and a Property Questionnaire. The Home Report requires to be made available on request to prospective buyers of the home.

Letting Residential Property

Domestic EPCs when letting and selling

When letting residential property an Energy Performance Certificate is required.

The EPC requires to be available to prospective tenants on request. Often when selling a home the EPC is provided within the Homebuyer however when letting through an agent or privately an EPC will be required. Domestic EPC costs are significantly less than non-domestic EPCs due to the complexity and method involved in producing them.  

Need an EPC for Residential Property?

For more information regarding domestic (residential) Energy Performance Certificates contact us on 0141 280 8008.